Saturday, October 13, 2012

'bout time!

What can I say ~ oh I know:  my computer took a road trip and was gone along with all my pictures so posting was not going to happen while it was missing. That's as good as it gets around here. Been trying to keep myself busy while keeping this foot of mine out of action and keeping my fingers crossed that this boot will come off in another three weeks. i hope i hope i hope i hope!!! Here's the second quilt finished for last year's graduate #10:


And the back:


Along with the pillow case:


This was a way different design than I'd ever done before but I had all kinds of fun once I started. The original pattern was taken from www.modabakeshop.com called "Gift Box Quilt" by Angela Pingel. Once all the blocks were done I decided that they needed to be rearranged into complete and incomplete boxes signifying completion of one segment of his education and work still in progress. The back is "Where the Boys Are" by Benartex and that idea tickled my funny bone. If they're not snuggled under grann's quilts then who knows where they are. It was quilted with the pantograph "Square Spiral" by Keryn Emmerson. The quilting was pretty wonky but the whole thing quilted the same so I decided that must have been intended. Obviously there's a whole lot more practice on that machine needed before I'll ever be halfway good. But that's okay.

Other than that there's been a whole lot of knitting going on, projects started and on needles, one pair of socks completed:


These were fun to knit and the results made me smile! Hope the recipient likes them as much as I do.
Still trying to figure how to knit in my sleep ~ there's no telling what could be done.

'Til next time, I'm still
InStitches

4 comments:

  1. Love that quilt AND those sox. The one you made me are still my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun interpretation of that pattern! I love the thoughts that go with it. Now that it's cooling off here, I'm really enjoying my knit socks again.

    ReplyDelete