Monday, January 10, 2011

Sew...get busy

Days are passing quickly. I have challenged myself to finish the quilt top for grad #8 before the end of January. Grad #9's quilt is still in lots of small pieces, not many units together yet. I'm challenging myself to finish that top by the end of March. Grad #7's quilting is hanging on Matilda's belly bar, patiently waiting for me to get my act together and start the quilting process again. I'm dragging my feet on trying. Not sure why ~ perhaps dread of troubles when I'm thinking everything should be back in working order. Won't know until I try!

Still have a few smaller quilts I haven't posted. Here's one that was fun to put together. I love all the bright pinks in this one. This is another pattern I found online at www.byannie.com called Wickedly Easy Quilts and sized to include crib, lap, twin, and queen. It really was an easy top to make.

Front

Back pieced to use leftover blocks

Maybe if you click on the pic the quilting will show better

The little lady who received this one couldn't wait to climb into bed with it. Makes me smile. 'Til next time I'm still  

InStitches

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt! I love what you did for the back -- and the quilting looks great. Now take a deep breath and try out your machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks good, the overall design, colors and the close up quilting. Hope that quilting machine gets going again for you.

    ReplyDelete