Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Making Progress

on Grad #8's quilt. I have three more seams to complete and borders to add. The pieced top is smaller than I'd like it to be so there will have to be borders. I'm hopeful that I can meet my goal of completing this top before the end of the month. I had plans to use this same pattern in a different configuration for Grad #31 in year 2028 (how's that for planning ahead) only I've been having so much trouble getting all the triangle points to match that I'm really having second thoughts about those far off plans.
The blocks are all done on the latest baby quilt but still need to be sewn together. It will be one colorful, fun quilt top when it gets finished. I've added a couple more inches to the sock I'm working on but  that's been slow going. Had to bring my serger in for repair today. Tried to sew with her before Christmas and she was stitching along merrily and then jammed up all of a sudden. No idea what happened ~ wondering how long since she had been oiled. Did a good cleaning and oiling but still nothing. Figured I'd better have trained repair person look at her so off she went.

Here's another quilt made about 3 1/2 years ago. This was fun to make and fun to give. I don't remember where I found the pattern, maybe one of my quilting magazines ~ but her big sister is using the same pattern with fabrics she collected when she traveled out west with us a few years ago. That's been in the works for a couple years too. She is anxious to finish it before she starts a new phase in her life. Graduation is coming soon and then she'll be off to college.




That's it for now. 

2 comments:

  1. You sound busy! I don't remember seeing that quilt before -- it's very pretty! I'm ready to bind my string quilt, so hopefully that should be done by the end of the month too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember seeing this one before, either. I love it. There is something about a simple basic design that blooms into beauty...that just gets me.

    ReplyDelete