Friday, February 18, 2011

Eeeeks

I'm running out of time! Have not accomplished nearly what I'd hoped. Good news is Matilda seems to be humming along nicely after a few hiccups. I did manage to quilt one of the little's but had a few problems before I finally got everything figured out. Strangest thing, though, there are loose thread ends on the back of the quilt where there is no broken thread or thread ends on the top. I am truly baffled!  Ended up having to raise the pressure foot shaft by about an eighth of an inch ~ the pressure foot was catching on seams. Then the thread shredded in several places on one row but after adjusting thread tension and changing to a size 20 needle (huge) the stitching went good. And of course as soon as everything else was working the way it was supposed to, the bobbin ran out of thread. Anyway the quilting is done. It just needs thread ends buried, trimming and binding. I also used different thread than was used when I ran into trouble and I'm really happy with this match.


I tried to get a close-up of the middle block, but it's blurry.

Other adventures ~ the backing is pieced for my "I am NOT making them a quilt" top, but in the process I managed to cut a small chunk of my finger off with the rotary cutter. That was not fun. It is healing so I'm very thankful. Could have been a whole lot worse! That quilt is not yet complete but I still have a few days ~ ha ha.

Progress on third grad quilt top:


I am liking this one a lot.  Been trying hard to keep like fabrics separate from one another, but there are only so many options. The background fabrics are bound to end up together sooner or later. I do need to find a good place to hang a design wall. This crawling around on the floor is tough. All for now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, cool. Do get a close up. Anxious to see the quilting. Love the "third grad" quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're keeping yourself pretty busy! They both look great! I'm looking forward to a picture of the "I'm not making them a quilt" quilt!

    ReplyDelete