Monday, November 21, 2011

Finally

Where does time go? Can hardly believe it's been so long since I had anything to say ;) and as I've read on a couple different blogs "the longer you stay away, the easier it is to stay away". Guess there was nothing to add until the grad quilts for 2011 got finished and delivered. The last one made it middle of last week so for that I'm thankful. It was a busy summer ~ many trips, some long and some not so long. A Nolting 20 Series Pro quilting machine came to live at our house a couple weeks ago, but so far I have not used it. The room where she's going to stay still needs to be completed so hopefully, it won't be too much longer and I'll be up and running.

What to show first? How about a skirt made from quilt scraps. The pattern is Strip-pieced Pleated Skirt by Sarah Meyer found on Moda Bakeshop. I'm very happy with the end result.


A sweet little lady got this for her third birthday and she promptly put it on and wore it under the dress she was wearing.

Next there is one little guy's quilt that finally got quilted, bound, and finished:


No borders on this one.

One more ~ this one is the first grad quilt finished and delivered before she left for school late summer. This one needs some tweaking when she brings it home. I tried using Sharon Schamber's recommendation for school glue to secure the binding to the back before final stitching. Unfortunately, I didn't think to place another line of stitching inside the seam allowance and the backing ended up folding back over itself in several places and showed up after I washed it. Should be fairly easy to fix once it comes back.


Didn't get any closeups of the quilting but I used a pantograph by Lorien Quilting called Happy Times which seemed appropriate. I love how well the grad herself blends with the quilt. She seemed like she was really happy with it.

All for now. I'll try not to stay away so long.

1 comment:

  1. Great finishes Ann -- it was a nice surprise to see a post from you. Don't stay away so long! That looks like a fun skirt.

    ReplyDelete