Friday, December 16, 2011

Ooooo

Just realized that our fun retreat in September never got mentioned. It's always a "treat" for me to get quilting company and when we can spend an entire three days simply sewing, laughing, eating and occasionally sleeping ~ what more could one want. I was gifted with the yummiest smelling soap I've ever used. Apple, cinnamon and peach if I'm remembering correctly. Didn't take long to use the entire bar but sure enjoyed using it. In addition I got a beautifully embroidered dish towel which is hanging on my fridge door at the summer place. Thanks again, Carol! From Barb I got the cutest butter dish ~ it looks just like a stick of butter in a yummy yellow color. She also helped me finish the wall hanging I put together using the half square triangles we traded the year before. It was complete except for sewing down the binding on the back. When I tried to machine stitch it, I was not happy with the look of the project .... just didn't have a thread that worked. Barb offered to stitch it by hand, bless her heart. I love the final result:


When we took a stroll down the road to the pier, she also found a tree branch that worked to hang it. (Note to self: do NOT ever try to shorten a branch by breaking indoors when anyone else is in the room or someone will loose an eye. [I promise Carol!])

My quilty "Hug and A Kiss" is hanging, but I may move it to the porch where I usually do my sewing. Thank you again, Barb for finishing this for me and for the butter dish. I can't wait to get back to use it. I'm crabby that I didn't get pictures of the gifts I got : (

We enjoyed toasty toes too



Fun to make, fun to give, fun to get. All in all a fun weekend.

Til next time, I'm still
InStitches



3 comments:

  1. That reminds me -- I need to find my stack of HST's and do something with them! The wool socks are really getting used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was (again) a fun weekend. I can't begin to tell you how much I am enjoying my toasty toes. I washed them and air dryed them (the sox, not the toes) and they came out perfect. I'm trying to make a pair now, and can't believe how long it takes to accomplish one inch of knitting with #1 needles. Give me a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sock knitting is addictive and there's usually no rush ~ enjoy the progress one inch at a time. :) I do love wool hand knit socks!

    ReplyDelete