Friday, January 6, 2012

Hello 2012

Now that you are already six days old, it's time to say hi. Hope you'll be a good year for everyone!

Progress report requested ~ we are making progress. Went from this on Monday:


To this on Wednesday:


And yes this quilt is almost finished. Have a little more work to do on the binding. The sewing machine cover got tossed on top of it so you can't see much. That will be UFO #1 complete when it's all done.


I'm planning on standing a couple sheets of insulation covered with batting in front of the fireplace to make my design wall. The gas log was disconnected years ago and to use it we'd have to keep the flue open. That pulls too much heat from the rest of the house. Better to just use a space heater. 

This is my new baby. Isn't she pretty:


Still haven't decided what to call her ~ any suggestions? Lots of names running around in my head, but I can't seem to settle on one.

Now the dilemma ~ organize this mess into my new space:



This is only a small portion of what's going on in this room ~ yikes. If organizing was one of my strong suits I'd be in good shape ~ but that's an ongoing battle with me. Today's challenge is to empty the shelving units and get them moved down, along with all the stuff contained thereon. Wish me luck. I'm organizationally challenged, so instead I finished a knit project:


Those booties were just plain fun to knit. Both patterns were Ravelry downloads: Hat is Aviatrix by Justine Turner "justjussi knitwear design" and the booties are a Norwegian "Pattern for stay-on babybooties" that I struggled with a bit until I read the Ravelry thread which clarified what I was struggling with. There will be more of these booties in my future ~ I love them. The hat was an easy knit also, although I had to adjust the pattern because it was not written for a fingering weight yarn. (It looks like I managed to get a small piece of thread from the ironing board on the hat.) Hope they fit that new great grandson. Yikes ~ when did I get so old. The yarn is a fingering weight bluefaced leicester from Angora Valley Yarns which is completely machine wash and dry. Beautiful yarn to work with!

That's it for today. I'm still
InStitches





3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome looking studio! Almost tempting to switch locations for our retreats. Would you consider putting a lake in your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,your room looks great! talk about incentive to hone your organizational skills. I sure don't have any tips. and congrats on your new baby Eli. Great grandparents..INDEED!! Love, love the hat & booties. stay-on booties. Now that sounds like a wonderful invention.

    ReplyDelete