Thursday, February 2, 2012

Progress

Some progress has been made in getting my new quilting space organized but still much to do. Here's a look at this past week:

Space heater in foreground, plug situation needs some work



If  you can visualize the first two photos side by side that's the far end of my space. The third photo would be placed next to the second to show the inside wall and the end wall facing the main part of the basement. 

Finding spots for all those little sewing, quilting aids that used to reside in drawers upstairs is my next project. I'll have to invest in a couple of those small plastic drawer units and hopefully that will take care of this situation. Still have a little bit of space on this shelving unit. Thus far I haven't begun to sort through scraps. Those will fill that space very quickly. Someday =).

Happy to say that I did squeak in a finish before the end of the month, although I think I heard the clock chime midnight before I got all the threads buried. It was quilted freehand with a viney, leafy meander:


Back out of minky

close-up of wonky leaves

Seeing as I never did plan to make them a quilt ~ I think this one has found it's home on the back of my recently (within the last year) reupholstered couch. Looks to me like it belongs and needs a couple of pillows finished to go along with it:


Sew that's the story of my last week. Except to add there's another pair of baby booties in the works for an upcoming shower. They do need to be done quickly. That will be the rest of this day's project.

'Til next time, I'm still
InStitches




2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've made progress! I love the quilt -- the colors are beautiful! It must be quite cozy with the minkee on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol said exactly what I was thinking... Sure looks like a dellicious napping quilt with that fuzzy backing. Oh, my, you are really going to enjoy that room.

    ReplyDelete