Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Starts and Finishes

Never quite sure where time goes but it does go quickly. Anyhooo there's finally a few finishes .. yea for completing a couple littles that had been hanging around here WAY too long. Once I finally made up my mind to get them done, they took less than an hour each to finish. I'm not really thrilled with turning the back to the front for the binding, not the neatest edge in the world, but it does make for a cozy edge.

B 1


Wish I'd had my camera along when these were delivered ~ B1~ carried his around most of the afternoon and then curled up with it and fell asleep on the living room floor. Just warms a gramma's heart!

B 2


This one wasn't received quite as enthusiastically, but after one of his siblings claimed it, he decided he really didn't want to give it up either. Kids are so much fun!

Socks finished:


These were a bit tedious to knit, took longer than expected because the legs were made longer than usual, I'm so happy to have them done! Probably won't get worn for awhile ~ it's gotten way to warm for wool socks but you never know. Photography leaves much to be desired.

So what else is in the works? How about a couple more quilts, a couple littles needing quilting and binding, a couple sweaters, and a sock needing a mate:

Pattern: Gemini (Ravelry)
Yarn: Rowan creative linen (50% Linen 50% Cotton)
Hope to finish this before too many more weeks of summer go by ~ it is an easy knit. The other sweater started had a booboo about 6" up on the back so some frogging has been done. Easy pattern but does require good light and concentration to make sure I'm picking up the stitch but not creating extras.

Pattern: Summer Lovin Socks (Ravelry)
Yarn: Fingering Colorway: Light Pink Roses
from one of my favorite indie dyers
This sock reminds me of Sue ~ I pictured her knitting something like this once upon a time. I'm really going to miss her! Needs a mate to keep it company.

Started one more pair of socks and a shawl ~ think there's a serious case of startitis here ~ simply not enough hours in a day. 

Pieces are all cut for #13 grad quilt and I'm anxious to get started on that but I really need to finish two littles and the other one I started earlier this spring. If anyone ever figures out how to keep on working while they are asleep ~ I'd love to learn =).

Okay one more:


Grad Quilt #12
Pattern: Fractions 



Whoops, I lied, that's four more photos. It did get completed a short while before Grad #12 left for N.D. Doubt he'll use it for awhile, but if he stays out there, it gets pretty cold in the winter. Tough to photo blacks and grays at night. Someday I'll figure out how to get outdoor shots without a clothesline.

Til next time, I'm still
InStitches

No comments:

Post a Comment